The Plumia Internet Country cohort is a 4-week program for highly curious and ambitious people seeking to learn more or start contributing to potential countries on the internet. Apply today.
What is the Plumia Internet Country cohort?
The cohorts aim to foster a borderless, collaborative community for people excited by or curious about internet countries, digital nomadism and global mobility rights. We want to connect ambitious frontier explorers and builders with shared goals to level-up, solve hard problems, and build the foundations of a country on the internet.
The cohort is designed to help people learn more about the space, connect, and work on wild projects together! There will be various learning / working groups and activities you can sign up for, as well as events with existing founders actively working on Network State-related projects.
Who this cohort is for
People passionate or curious about any of the following topics:
- Startup Societies / Network States
- Digital nomadism
- Global mobility rights
- Startup cities
- web3 / DAOs
- Future of education / work
- Learn more about the emerging Network State / Internet Country ecosystem
- Launch, build or contribute to projects and create positive impact in the space
- Connect with passionate people who share your goals, values and interests
- Get out of your comfort zone and thinking like a builder
The cohort will involve
- Discussions on Balaji Srinivasan's book The Network State
- Connect with people globally who are interested in internet countries
- Help existing internet country projects or collectively build new ones
- Speaker sessions from founders and operators building in the space
When does the cohort start?
The next Plumia Internet Country Cohort launches in early 2024. Expected commitment is 2 hours per week.
How much does it cost?
It's completely free to participate in this cohort! The Plumia mission is funded by and operates within SafetyWing, a Y Combinator company whose goal is to build a country on the internet, starting with a global social safety net of insurance products.
The SafetyWing team believes that internet countries are an idea whose time has come and we're passionate about doing our part to build a global ecosystem that allows innovative statecraft projects to thrive and succeed.
Why are we doing this?
- We believe there isn’t nearly as much experimentation and innovation as there should be
- We're on a mission to empower global talent to contribute and create impact.
- We aim to make it easier to learn, connect, and contribute to this growing ecosystem.
- Ultimately, we want to build a country on the internet that creates an equality of opportunity for everyone
How can I apply?
Fill in this form and we'll be in touch soon: