NOTE: if you'd prefer to join the general Plumia community instead of the cohort, you can join here.
The Plumia Internet Country cohort is a 6-week virtual adventure for highly curious and ambitious people seeking to learn more or start contributing to potential countries on the internet. Apply now.
The cohort will involve:
- workshops on Balaji Srinivasan's book The Network State
- connecting with people from around the world who are interested in internet countries
- pathways to join existing internet country projects or collectively build new ones
- opportunities to connect 1:1 with new people and expand your network
- working groups to contribute to solving problems in the space
- speaker sessions from the founders of internet country projects
What is the Plumia Internet Country cohort?
The cohorts aim to foster a borderless, collaborative community for people excited by or curious about internet countries, digital nomadism and global mobility rights. We want to connect ambitious frontier explorers and builders with shared goals to level-up, solve hard problems, and build the foundations of a country on the internet.
The cohort is designed to help people learn more about the space, connect, and work on wild projects together! There will be various learning / working groups and activities you can sign up for, as well as events with existing founders actively working on Network State-related projects.
What are the benefits of participating?
- Learn more about the emerging Network State ecosystem
- Launch, build or contribute to projects and create positive impact in the space
- Surround yourself with passionate people who share your goals, values and interests
- Get out of your comfort zone and thinking like a builder
- Contribute to pushing the ecosystem forward
Who should apply?
For the first Plumia Internet Country Cohort, we're seeking people who are passionate about one or more of these topics:
- Internet countries / Network States
- Digital nomadism
- Global mobility rights
- Startup cities
- web3 / DAOs
- Future of education / work
When does the first cohort start?
The Plumia Internet Country Cohort launches in early January and will welcome around 100 people excited by the space. The cohort will last 6 weeks and include people from around the world (i.e. friendly to most timezones).
Expected commitment: 2 hours per week
How much does it cost?
It's completely free to participate in this cohort!
The Plumia mission is funded by and operates within SafetyWing, a Y Combinator company whose goal is to build a country on the internet, starting with a global social safety net of insurance products.
The SafetyWing team believes that internet countries are an idea whose time has come and we're passionate about doing our part to build a global ecosystem that allows innovative statecraft projects to thrive and succeed.
Why are we doing this?
- Trust in institutions and nation-states is rapidly declining
- We believe there isn’t nearly as much experimentation and innovation as there should be
- We want to help unlock talent from across the world to contribute and create impact
- We want to make it easier for people to learn about, connect and contribute to this burgeoning ecosystem
- Ultimately, we want to build a country on the internet that creates an equality of opportunity for everyone
How can I apply?
Fill in this form and we'll be in touch soon: